Archive for the 'PETS ... For Love & Licks' Category
April is just around the corner and the Easter holiday has arrived early this year and there is certainly a lot happening around the city in celebration of the first long weekend of warmer weather. In anticipation of warmer weather and a family filled long weekend, Our Home Toronto has put together a list of our favourite events happening this weekend.
1) The All About Pets Show: Beginning Friday and ending Sunday at the International Centre, the All About Pets Show looks after the four legged member or members of your family. This year marks the shows 2oth year and some of the major highlights include a wellness centre, seminars and shopping for your favourite four legged companion.
2) The One of a Kind Spring Show and Sale: The One of a Kind Spring Show and Sale hits Exhibition Place this Saturday. The show will feature more than 800 artisans and artists and is certainly the place to go if you are looking for that one of a kind gift for a friend or loved one, or if you are just looking to treat yourself. You will find everything from jewelry and paintings to furniture and textiles. Looking for something one of a kind- this is certainly the place to be.
3) Toronto Rock vs. Buffalo Bandits: If you are in the mood for a sports fix this long weekend don’t miss the Toronto Rock vs. the Buffalo Bandits. The games are at the Air Canada Centre which is very centrally located and the ticket prices are reasonable with a minimum ticket price of $18.75. Learn all about the team at www.torontorock.com.
4) Easter “Egg” Stravaganza: Head down to the Toronto Zoo to hunt for Easter eggs and spend the day with animals from all over the world. Sadly, the new pandas can’t been seen by the public yet, we will all have to wait until May for that!
5) Vintage Easter Parade: The Vintage Easter Parade is happening this Sunday with a fashionable stroll down Yonge Street. Young and old can participate and watch the parade for free. There will even be opportunities for photos at Yonge- Dundas Square. The parade route and further details can be found here: http://www.beeskneesdance.com/easter-parade/ Anyone can participate so put on your Sunday best and join the fun!
Here is our August Real Estate Update for Our Home Toronto: You will note July home sales up 23% vs LY and prices up 10% vs LY, Condo Corner – Pets, House Smart – Painting Tips, Green Initiatives, and the ever popular Pearls of Wisdom … Enjoy and do let us know if you would like to receive this update by email.
For loads of Listings and free information on buying or selling Visit OurHomeToronto
Love that is … Who loves us unconditionally … even more than we love ourselves? Our dogs and cats of course! This is your chance to share your recommendations for Veterinarians, Pet Groomers, Pet Food Favourites … all things Pets. For years I purchased my pet’s food from my Vet. I didn’t give a care about the price … just thought it was the best for Simba. NOT necessarily. While my Simba’s Vet (Bay Cat and Dog Hospital – Dr. Gabrielle Herman, D.V.M) is profoundly competent to care for her health needs, I was brainwashed into believing I needed to buy the food their too. Well then, there are dozens of great pet supply / food stores across Toronto. We willingly spend a fortune on our pets out of love and affection. It’s just fun seeing what some of these stores are offering. Check out the Toys R Us section at most stores. I recently visited YELP to see what other pet lovers said about their favourite Toronto pet shops. It seems the local Menagerie Cabbagetown shop was right at the top of the list. Visit this Yelp site to see other such ratings as “Best Toronto Pet Stores”, “Best Toronto Veterinarians”, “Best Toronto Pet Services”. A real favourite in my neighbourhood for our dogs is DogFather & Co . I challenge you to rate your favourite dog walk, park, names, breeds, Vets … It’s all about the Love & Licks. Coming soon … What to do in an Emergency, Tags, Chips and Why, Preventative Medicine, Food Nutrition / The Facts & Don’t Eat That Plant Digger.